Working for commercial landlords, tenants, occupiers and investors, Blackmore Building Consultancy provide the very best independent, specialist dilapidations, building surveying and project deliver advice/services needed by commercial owners and occupiers to maintain asset value and manage their lease obligations.
Blackmore Building Consultancy provide all the very best independent, specialist dilapidations, building surveying and project deliver advice and services needed by commercial owners and occupiers to maintain asset value and manage their lease obligations. We work equally for commercial landlords, tenants, occupiers and investors, are RICS regulated and have decades of specialist expertise, are from big consultancy backgrounds with insider knowledge and contacts:
- No conflicts of interest
- No juniors 'learning on the job' you need to indulge
- National coverage from our London or Bristol offices
- Competitive fees
We take a commercial approach to all our dilapidations instructions, based on decades of experience creating, enforcing, defending and settling dilapidations disputes for landlord and tenants. We average 75% reductions for tenant clients while conceding 20% for landlord clients. The majority of our settlements are agreed before lease end.
We act for both long-standing clients (some around 20 years) on both individual and portfolio instructions. Our aim is to achieve the optimum, commercial pragmatic and realistic settlement as early in negotiations as possible, but if negotiations break down, we have the expertise to assist through Alternative Dispute Resolution and ultimately give expert witness evidence at court.
- We challenge and substantially reduce tenant's dilapidations liabilities
- Produce dilapidations assessment and exit strategy reports
- Specify, tender and manage works in conjunction with claims
- Create and argue schedules of condition
- Break clause strategy and advice
- Interim and Terminal Schedules of Dilapidations
- Serve enforce and defect repair notices (Jervis v. Harris)
We have a successful track record acting as project manager, contract administrator and employers agent on office refurbishment and fitout, industrial refurbishments and new build projects. We act as the clients ‘right hand man’ leading the project from inception to completion allowing them to focus on their business. Typically our service includes:-
- Agreeing a project brief and key objectives
- Completing a feasibility study
- Advising and appointing specialist consultants
- Developing the design and monitoring and controlling cost and programme
- Chairing meetings and reporting to the client
- Obtaining all statutory permissions
- Compiling tender documentation and obtaining competitive tenders
- Administering the contract and project managing the construction process to completion
- Controlling costs and programme
We provide the full spectrum of commercial building surveying services needed the support occupational and Estate Management teams, including:
- Maintenance (PPM)
- Schedules of condition
- Licences to alter
- Defect diagnosis and analysis reports
- Statutory approvals
- Pre-acquisition surveys and vendor pack creation
- Data Room compilation
- Service charge strategy and advice
- Contract administration and Project management of maintenance and improvement projects
- Development monitoring
- Expert witness reports
When deciding whether to acquire a property or enter into a commercial lease it is critical to understand the potential liabilities associated with this in order to make an informed decision. We have over 60 years combined experience in working with clients and their legal advisors to provide a complete and co-ordinated service including:
- Pre-acquisition surveys and reports
- Vendor pack creation
- Defect analysis reports
- Reviewing statutory obligations
- Reviewing all relevant technical and legal documentation
- Recommending and co-ordinating specialist consultants for elements such as services installations, deleterious materials and land contamination
- Producing budget refurbishment and repair costs
- Analysing lease clauses including for repair, break and service charge obligations
- Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) inspections and schedules
- Schedules of condition
- Specific defect diagnosis and maintenance advice
As Chartered Building Surveyors we are experienced in providing clients with impartial professional expert witness reports and opinions, prepared in strict accordance with the requirements of the Court, Civil Procedure Rules and RICS Practice Directions. We typically are asked to review documentation, inspect properties and confirm impartial professional opinions on contractual disputes; quality of workmanship; landlord & tenant disputes; defects and disrepair and dilapidations.
- Court appointed expert witness reports and opinion
- Mediation and ADR
- Construction disputes
- Service Charge disputes
- Dilapidations disputes
- Building Pathology – Repairs and Maintenance
We provide building surveying advice to tenants who need to understand and if necessary challenge a landlord's service charge demand. Typically we -
- Analyse lease obligations
- Carry out site investigation and report on the landlords proposals in the context of the lease obligations and information provided
- Challenge unreasonable demands
What our clients say about us
'David has such a wealth of experience to deliver genuine advice that goes hand in hand with high quality reporting and tenacious negotiating skills. He is my first choice every time'
Quentin Thompson MRICS, Managing Director, Michael Rogers Property Management Limited
'David is the best in the business bar none on dilapidations'
Simon Glenn, Partner, DOWLEY TURNER REAL ESTATE LLP
'On our behalf, Blackmore BC have been very diligent in negotiating dilapidation claims, undertaking pre-acquisition surveys and helped deliver some excellent fit out projects'
David Wilford, Wilson Bowden Developments Ltd, A subsidiary of Barratt Developments PLC
‘David has worked with us providing dilapidations consultancy. His thoughtful, systematic and practical approach has helped us shortcut drawn-out processes and save us significant amounts of money’
Jerome Thomas, Director, Metro Safety
'David is an expert in his field and a pleasure to work with. Over a number of years we have engaged his services on the negation of dilapidation claims for several properties and in every case he has been able to achieve very substantial savings for our clients'
Geoff Meadows, Director, FMS Facilities Management Services Ltd
'David was recommended to me by a former colleague and I can’t speak highly enough about him. He took all the stress out of handling our dilapidations claim and helped get us a great result!'
Nina El-Imad, Director, Simpson Booth
Need professional help ?
Don't hesitate to contact us. We have helped hundreds of clients in the same situations as you. We normally respond the same working day and if we can't help, we will know someone who can. Hope to hear from you soon. Drop us a line today!