Commercial Building Surveyors and Dilapidations Specialists
We are a small RICS regulated commercial building surveying firm specialising in dilapidations and related survey/ project services. We work equally for landlords, occupiers and investors, providing the very best independent advice needed by our commercial clients to help them maintain asset values and manage their lease obligations. We work on all commercial asset types - office, industrial, retail and hospitality and we -
- Work on a competitive, 'no-win-no fee' and hourly rate basis
- Each have strong commercial approaches and decades of dilapidations and project expertise at international consultancies
- Provide national coverage from our London Bristol and Newcastle offices
We create, enforce, defend and settle commercial dilapidations claims for landlord and tenants, averaging 75% reductions for tenant clients, 15% for landlord clients. The majority of our settlements are agreed before lease end and our business comes from long-standing clients and recommendations. Services include:
- Dilapidations assessment and exit strategy reports
- Schedules of condition
- Break clause strategy and advice
- Interim and terminal schedules of dilapidations
- Creating and defending repair notices (Jervis v. Harris)
We have a successful track record acting as project manager, contract administrator and employers agent on office refurbishment and fitout, industrial refurbishments and new build projects. We act as the clients ‘right hand man’ leading the project from inception to completion allowing them to focus on their business. Typically our service includes:-
- The feasibility study and brief
- Appointing and managing specialist consultants
- Developing the design and monitoring and controlling cost and programme
- Obtaining all statutory permissions
- Compiling tender documentation and obtaining competitive tenders
- Administering the contract and project managing the construction process to completion, whole regularly reporting to the client
We provide the full spectrum of commercial building surveying services needed the support occupational and Estate Management teams, including:
- Maintenance (PPM) inspections and advice
- Schedules of condition
- Licences to alter
- Defect diagnosis and analysis reports
- Statutory approvals
- Pre-acquisition surveys and vendor pack creation
- Contract administration and project management of maintenance and improvement projects
- Development monitoring
- Reviewing statutory obligations and relevant technical and legal documentation including leases and licences
- Recommending and co-ordinating specialist consultants for elements such as services installations, deleterious materials and land contamination
- Producing budget refurbishment and repair costs
- Advising on landlord's service charge recoverable works in the context of lease obligations, costs and programme. Challenging unreasonable demands
As Chartered Building Surveyors we are experienced in providing clients with impartial professional expert witness reports and opinions, prepared in strict accordance with the requirements of the Court, Civil Procedure Rules and RICS Practice Directions. We typically are asked to review documentation, inspect properties and confirm impartial professional opinions on contractual disputes; quality of workmanship; landlord & tenant disputes; defects and disrepair and dilapidations.
- Court appointed expert witness reports and opinion
- Mediation and ADR
- Construction disputes
- Service Charge disputes
- Dilapidations disputes
- Building Pathology – Repairs and Maintenance
What our clients say about us
'David has such a wealth of experience to deliver genuine advice that goes hand in hand with high quality reporting and tenacious negotiating skills. He is my first choice every time'
Quentin Thompson MRICS, Managing Director, Michael Rogers Property Management Limited
'David is the best in the business bar none on dilapidations'
Simon Glenn, Partner, DOWLEY TURNER REAL ESTATE LLP
'On our behalf, Blackmore BC have been very diligent in negotiating dilapidation claims, undertaking pre-acquisition surveys and helped deliver some excellent fit out projects'
David Wilford, Wilson Bowden Developments Ltd, A subsidiary of Barratt Developments PLC
‘David has worked with us providing dilapidations consultancy. His thoughtful, systematic and practical approach has helped us shortcut drawn-out processes and save us significant amounts of money’
Jerome Thomas, Director, Metro Safety
'David is an expert in his field and a pleasure to work with. Over a number of years we have engaged his services on the negation of dilapidation claims for several properties and in every case he has been able to achieve very substantial savings for our clients'
Geoff Meadows, Director, FMS Facilities Management Services Ltd
'David was recommended to me by a former colleague and I can’t speak highly enough about him. He took all the stress out of handling our dilapidations claim and helped get us a great result!'
Nina El-Imad, Director, Simpson Booth
'James has successfully acted for me on numerous projects and due diligence investigations over the last 10 years. His attention to detail and commercial approach are commendable'
Chris Price, Director
Need professional help ?
Don't hesitate to contact us. We have helped hundreds of clients in the same situations as you. We normally respond the same working day and if we can't help, we will know someone who can. Hope to hear from you soon. Drop us a line today!